Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Streaming to Screaming...















Firstly I’d like to apologise to all the holidaymakers who came into Keely’s Bar Lanzarote to watch the recent LOI matches which we are usually in a position to stream.  Unfortunately due to an “upgrading” of  the 1XBet.com site these matches were not available.


The F.A.I sold the rights of LOI matches last year to this site.  I believe each club received the paltry sum of €15,000 from this sale.  I stand to be corrected on this.....  I would like to know what is going on?  Why are we now 3 games into the season and not in a position to watch a streamed LOI game.

To compound this problem we now have Soccer Republic reduced to 25 minutes showing only the goals and with no discussion on any of the games.  Again the 1st division is totally ignored.  The FAI continue to dumb down our League.  The launch was kept as a secret and now it appears that it wants to keep the LOI matches a secret too.

It is time for the F.A.I. to do the honest thing and let people who want to run a vibrant league run it.  This death by a 1000 cuts cannot be allowed to continue.

The season so far has not gone to plan, with the big Two  – Dundalk and Cork struggling a little bit.  The surprise packet ; Bohs, with  9 points out of  9 are the early pacesetters. I believe it will settle down in the next few weeks and I hope Dundalk’s efforts will not be hampered by Management by Committee.


Speaking about different Management structures, what about the manic performance of Chelsea’s Management staff and the Chelsea goalkeeper.  Nobody seemed to know what they were doing..... I have never in all my life witnessed a player refusing to come off.  I watched it and smiled at how different the game is now. God be with the days when players had respect for and fear of the manager!  I’m afraid had it been me the keeper would be in hospital and I would have been arrested for putting him there!

My Reaction    -     KEPA   I'm going to F...ing KILL YOU


To end on a positive note League attendance went from 43,256 for first 3 games in 2018 to 50,576 in 2019. This is due solely to the League Clubs marketing themselves.  Imagine how good it would be if the people running the League did the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree Dermot... particularly with your point in relation to the SELLING of the Streaming rights.

    I know there is a Betting element to this Online Streaming - but the Audience would not be there for betting if their own Love of their home team didn't create this pool of viewers in the first place.

    Not every fan can attend every match, particularly for Away games, and even more so if those same fans are on Holidays and yet want to see their team play.

    Streaming is the solution, but only if we can access the stream.

    Why keep it Secret, and why will no one jeep the die hard Fans of the LOI up to date with the CURRENT Streaming sites ???

    ReplyDelete